“Graduate Congress: Graduate Thesis Evaluation in 7 minutes”
The first event is planned on 29-30 March 2019, at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore.
IEEE ComSoc Bangalore and Kerala Chapter is bringing this annual event to understand the quality of research and work being undertaken. Under this event, we make a call for synopsis from Master (ME/M Tech/MS) and PhD scholars who have defended (final viva voce completed) during 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Jan 2018 and the institution from where they have done belong to Kerala and Karnataka states.
All students who are eligible would submit the synopsis and other details as mentioned below and present their work in 7 minutes to the audience and panellists. Based on the work quality and other details, 4 best ME/MTech/MS/ thesis and 3 best PhD thesis (total great 7) will be awarded. The award will carry 20,000/- INR for each PhD and 15,000/- INRfor each MS/ME/MTech and Certificate of recognition. The certificate will also be given to corresponding Supervisor/Co-Supervisor in recognition as the best supervisor/Co-supervisor of the year.
- Candidate has to submit the details online and must register for the congress (https://in.explara.com/e/graduate-congress-grate-7 )
- Call for submission will open on 30 November 2018.
- Submission dead line 21 January 2019
- Notification of the shortlisted thesis 28 February 2019.
- Candidate has to make his/her own travel arrangements and stay (however, we may help them to get cost effective stay in guest house, hostels of some of the colleges nearby)
The following are the eligibility for the candidate:
- Graduated (defended the thesis) in 2018 that is, all those who have completed the final viva between 01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018.
- Graduated from any of the institutions/colleges in the states of Karnataka and Kerala
- Thesis from the broad areas of Communication and Networking.
Procedures of evaluation:
- Initial screening of submission by Technical Organizing Committees and experts
- The panellist (experts from the domain area) who will be going through the short listed synopsis.
- Presentation by candidate during the congress.
- Feedback ( form will be distributed) from audience collected during the presentation
The following document submissions are required: (Each attachment should not be more than 200kB)
- Synopsis about 5-6 pages
- Abstract (exactly the same as in submitted thesis- Scan copy of abstract page and the page(s) of signatures of all examiners)
- Original contribution (if not included in the synopsis)
- Details of institutions and period of registration, submission of thesis and final viva (defense) of the thesis.
- Supervisor/Co-supervisor details and a Confirmation of his/her consent
- HoD/Principal signature of viva completion (if signature page is missing)
- Signature of Supervisor and or Co-Supervisor on each document. In case, supervisor is away, eSignature accepted- All documents in zip file can be cc’d to supervisor with main address to congress organizer with a subject heading of “Submitted copy of MTech or PhD Thesis”.
Please Note – Candidate has to bring one copy of the main thesis. (It might be given back to the candidate).
Dr. Navin Kumar
Chair, ComSoc Banglore Chapter