GRADUATE CONGRESS: GraTE’7’
Graduate Thesis Evaluation in 7minutes
18 April 2020, NIT Calicut,kerala)
(The event has been rescheduled and new date will be announced soon)
IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc) Kerala Chapter jointly with ComSoc Bangalore Chapter and ComSoc Hyderabad Chapter calls for submissions for GraTE-7, 2020.
GraTE-7, 2020, is the next edition of the Graduate Congress: Grate-7 held last year in Bangalore. The goal of GraTE-7 is to recognize and reward graduates (PG and PhD) students/scholars on the basis of their research contributions. In this congress, candidates who have graduated (final thesis defense/viva completed) in 2019 would submit the synopsis and other details as mentioned below. The shortlisted candidates will present their work in 7 minutes to the audience and panellists. Based on the quality of work and exposition, 3 best ME/MTech/MS/ thesis and 4 best PhD theses (in total, the great 7) will be awarded. The award will carry 15,000/- INR for each selected PhD thesis, 10,000/- INR for each selected MS/ME/MTech thesis and a certificate of recognition. The certificate will also be given to corresponding Supervisor/Co-Supervisor in recognition as the best supervisor/Co-supervisor of the year.
For more details, visit the link – http://bangalore.chapters.comsoc.org/important-announcement/ or https://comsoc.ieeekerala.org/best-thesis-award/ or https://ieeehyderabad.org/chapters-ag/comsoc-sps/
The following are the eligibility for the candidate:
- Graduated (defended the thesis) in 2019; that is, all those who have completed the final viva between 01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019
- Graduated from any of the institutions/colleges in the states of Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Thesis should be in the broad areas of Communication and Networking.
For registration of your thesis synopsis, go to this link (Please read the instruction and eligibility criteria before submission. https://in.explara.com/e/graduate-congress-grate-7-2020
The following are some important dates:
- Call for submission will open on 12 Feb 2020.
- Submission deadline: 29 Feb 2020.
- Notification of the shortlisted thesis: 15 Mar 2020.
Further details regarding the congress are given below.
Procedure of evaluation:
- Initial screening of submission by the technical committee and experts.
- Evaluation of the shortlisted synopsis by the panellist (experts from the domain area).
- A 7 minute presentation by the candidate during the congress.
- Feedback (form will be distributed) from the audience collected during the presentation.
The following document submissions are required:
- Synopsis about 5-6 pages.
- Abstract (exactly the same as in submitted thesis - scanned copy of the abstract page and the page(s) of signatures of all examiners).
- Details of the original contributions (if not included in the synopsis).
- Details of institutions and period of registration, submission of thesis and final viva (defense) of the thesis.
- Supervisor/Co-supervisor details and a letter of his/her consent.
- HoD/Principal signature of viva completion (if signature page is missing).
- Signature of Supervisor and or Co-Supervisor on each document. In case, supervisor is away, eSignature accepted - All documents in zip file can be cc’d to supervisor with main address to congress organizer with a subject of “Submitted copy of MTech or PhD Thesis”.
Please Note – The uploaded documents (scanned) should be of maximum 200kB – restriction by Explara file upload.
Shortlisted candidates have to bring one copy of the main thesis (it might be given back to the candidate) during the congress. The decision on the award by the Panel members will be final.
Details about the call will be available later through eNotice or college contacts. Some of the additional information are:
- Candidate has to submit the details online and must register for the congress (https://in.explara.com/e/graduate-congress-grate-7-2020 )
- Candidate has to make his/her own travel arrangements and stay (however, we may help them to get cost effective stay in guest house, hostels of some of the colleges nearby)
- There will be some registration charges involved, however, reasonable.
You can get the details of the previous version of GraTE'7' at https://comsoc.ieeekerala.org/best-thesis-award-2019